viernes, 1 de julio de 2011

Z Fish Report (7/1/11)

The 84° blue water is still holding close to the beach, but this may change some as the rains are still coming. It started this morning (Friday) about 2:30 and did not let up until about noon. We expect more tonight.

The fishing has been excellent. The average per boat sailfish action is 2 to 3 fish per day. Martin, on the cruiser Gaviota, released 6 earlier in the week. It should also be noted Martin was the No. 1 tag and release captain for the entire West Coast of Mexico for last year’s NOAA tags. No results are available yet for the Billfish Foundation tags.

Chris and Tyson
Offshore also has skipjack tuna, yellowfin tuna, and a few blue marlin. Here is a report emailed to me by Kevin Seelick: On Sun 6/26, I called Adolfo Sr. and he was booked for the week. "Give me 5 minutos I'll find you a captain." He put me on an offshore boat with boat captain Martin (Chico on the panga Llamarda is the owner) and deckhand Tyson aka "Mike Tyson", on the Rosa Nautica. My daughter and I caught 37 Oceanicos (skipjack tuna) and one good size yellowfin tuna. I was the lucky one with catching a highly acrobatic fighting sailfish.
Kevin Seelick with Cheva and a nice rooster (released)
Day 2 Adolfo Sr. put me onto Cheva's boat "Dos Hermanos II" with Adolfo Jr. Trolling live bait and casting 3.oz blue/white Roberts Lure's top water poppers from ROBERTSLURES.COM, We hooked 14 smaller roosters and numerous Jacks and one awesome Rooster fish . We named him "Sancho" and released him to be caught another day.
Muchos Gracias to Adolfo Sr, Jr., Cheva, Martin, and Chico aka "Mike Tyson"

Ed Kunze
To order a copy of my fishing book about fishing here on the West Coast of Mexico: http://www.mexperience.com/store/vuitem.php?itemid=13&sc=KUNZE-13

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario